Glazed Cranberry-Nut Tea Bread
You'll want to make several loaves of this orange-scented quick bread--some to enjoy after meals and others to wrap and share with friends.
More From Oxmoor House
Other: 10 Minutes
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped pecans, toasted
- 3/4 cup sweetened dried cranberries
- 2 teaspoons grated orange rind
- Beat butter and sugar in a large mixing bowl at medium speed with an electric mixer until fluffy. Add egg, beating until blended.
- Combine flour and next 3 ingredients; add to butter mixture alternately with buttermilk and orange juice, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Stir in pecans, cranberries, and orange rind. Pour batter into a greased and floured 9" x 5" loaf pan.
- Bake at 350° for 56 to 58 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes. Remove from pan. If desired, poke holes in loaf using a wooden pick, and spoon Glaze over warm loaf. Cool completely on a wire rack.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note