I was a bit unsure the family would go for this - but everyone cleaned their plates! Will make again - great on a weeknight when time is tight.
Glazed Chicken with Almond Quinoa
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 472
- Fat: 15.2g
- Saturated fat: 2.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 7.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 3.1g
- Protein: 43.3g
- Carbohydrate: 39.6g
- Fiber: 3.6g
- Cholesterol: 109mg
- Iron: 2.9mg
- Sodium: 527mg
- Calcium: 44mg
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar, divided
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/3 cup unsalted chicken stock (such as Swanson)
- 1/3 cup red pepper jelly
- 1. Combine 1 1/2 cups water, quinoa, 1/8 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper in a medium saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed, stirring occasionally. Stir in green onions, 1 tablespoon vinegar, almonds, 1 tablespoon oil, and juice.
- 2. Sprinkle chicken with remaining 3/8 teaspoon salt and 3/8 teaspoon pepper. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add chicken to pan; cook 6 minutes on each side or until done; remove from pan. Add stock to pan, and cook 1 minute, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Add remaining 2 tablespoons vinegar and jelly to pan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes or until slightly thickened. Top each chicken breast half with 2 tablespoons sauce. Serve with about 1/2 cup quinoa mixture.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This