I try to make the recipes exactly as they are written the first time for a true review, but didn't add the pecans as I was serving rice that had almonds in it...didn't want to "over nut" us. The dish, however, was delicious and look forward to the next time to serve with pecans. I didn't think it was too sweet at all.
Glazed Carrots with Pecans
Photo: James Baigrie; Styling: Randy Mon
This five-ingredient carrot side dish recipe comes together quickly and adds warm flavor to any fall menu.
Yield: Serves 10
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 239
- Calories from fat: 45%
- Protein: 2.1g
- Fat: 12g
- Saturated fat: 1.1g
- Carbohydrate: 33g
- Fiber: 3.8g
- Sodium: 39mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 cups diagonally sliced (1/4 in.) peeled carrots
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups toasted pecan halves
- Heat oil in a nonstick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add carrots and cook, stirring frequently, 4 minutes. Stir in ginger and sugar and cook, stirring, until sugar melts, about 2 minutes. Add pecans and cook until carrots are tender when pierced and mixture is glazed in sugar, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per 1/2-cup serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note