I love this dish. It is very quick and easy to make. I am not much of a fan of carrots but the ingredients make them taste delicious. I used turkey bacon which complemented the rest of the dish very well. I will definitely make this again but with 2 tbsp of brown sugar instead of 3 because I did think that it was too sweet, otherwise it was perfect.
Glazed Carrots with Bacon and Onion
- 1 (1-pound) package baby carrots
- 3 bacon slices
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cook carrots in boiling water to cover in a large saucepan 15 minutes or until carrots are tender; drain.
- Cook bacon in a skillet until crisp; remove bacon, and drain on paper towels, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings in skillet. Crumble bacon; set aside.
- Sauté onion in reserved drippings over medium-high heat 3 minutes or until tender. Stir in brown sugar, pepper, and carrots. Cook, stirring often, 5 minutes or until carrots are glazed and thoroughly heated.
- Transfer carrots to a serving dish, and sprinkle with crumbled bacon.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Glazed Carrots with Bacon and Onion Recipe at a Glance