Glazed Carrots and Parsnips
More From Southern Living
- 1 pound carrots (about 8)
- 1 pound parsnips (about 10)
- 4 tablespoons dried currants or dried cranberries (optional)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons whole grain mustard
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Cut carrots and parsnips into 2- x 1/4-inch strips.
- Cook carrots and parsnips in boiling water to cover in a large saucepan 8 to 10 minutes or until tender, adding currants, if desired, during last 3 minutes of cooking; drain.
- Melt butter in large saucepan over medium heat; stir in mustard, honey, and salt until blended. Stir in carrot mixture, and cook 15 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Sprinkle with chopped parsley.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This