Easy way to cook carrots on the stovetop in minutes
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 6 whole(s) carrots peeled
- 1 teaspoon(s) sugar
- 1 pinch(s) kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon(s) butter optional
- After peeling your carrots, cut them in half horizontally. Now cut each half vertically at least twice. Each carrot will yield about 8 "sticks" by cutting it this way.
- Take a small saute/frying pan. Add water just enough to cover the bottom of the pan - a few tablespoons should do it. Add the teaspoon of sugar. Add the carrots. Sprinkle carrots with a pinch of kosher salt.
- Turn heat to high. It will quickly come to a boil. When it does, watch the pan closely and stir the carrots around with tongs. The water will quickly evaporate away. Turn off the heat and serve. Add a teaspoon of butter to the hot carrots after you turn off the heat will make these even more delicious, but it is not necessary.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by CKSchirmeier and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Glazed Carrots Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Side Dishes/Vegetables