Tried this twice now and find that I add just a little bit more brown sugar and it comes out just perfect.
Glazed Butternut Squash
More From Southern Living
- 3 pounds butternut squash, peeled*
- 1/2 cup apple cider*
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped toasted pecans
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh or 1 tsp. dried sage
- 1. Cut squash in half lengthwise; remove and discard seeds. Cut each half into 4 wedges; cut wedges into 2-inch pieces.
- 2. Stir together squash, 1/2 cup apple cider, and next 5 ingredients in a 12-inch, deep-sided, nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer, gently stirring occasionally, 25 minutes. Uncover and cook 5 minutes or until liquid thickens and squash is tender. Gently stir in pecans and sage until well combined.
- *3 lb. sweet potatoes may be substituted for butternut squash and 1/2 cup apple juice may be substituted for apple cider.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note