I love blueberries and in anything at that with no exception to these they are great and lovely to serve with coffee or tea and to someone with a need to have a sweet breakfast or brunch but not to sweet then you will have the right thing for them to enjoy so don't keep putting it off to have your not so friendly Mom-In-Law Over for Brunch and serve it to her she will be greatly impressed as you serve these lovely Scones to her and then say oh i just through these together at the last minute and let it go at that !! You will have won Her Heart Over.. Then watch out she will be asking for the recipe so be sure everyone knows you made them first that way she can't say that she showed you how to make them and then Just Be Nice and Say You Don't Know That it is an old family recipe you will have to find out from your oldest living female in your family if you CAN Give it OUT !!
Glazed Blueberry Scones
Rediscover a delightful morning treat in these gluten-free scones loaded with fresh blueberries and drizzled with a sweet lemon glaze. Instead of wedges, you can also scoop and drop the dough by 1/4 cupfuls onto a parchment-lined baking sheet for easier prep and more crispy browned edges.
More From Cooking Light
Total: 48 Minutes
- Calories: 173
- Fat: 4.4g
- Saturated fat: 2.4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.3g
- Protein: 2.9g
- Carbohydrate: 31g
- Fiber: 1.7g
- Cholesterol: 28mg
- Iron: 0.6mg
- Sodium: 250mg
- Calcium: 64mg
- 2.6 ounces white rice flour (about 1/2 cup)
- 2.3 ounces brown rice flour (about 1/2 cup)
- 2.1 ounces sweet white sorghum flour (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons chilled unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon nonfat buttermilk, divided
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- White rice flour, for dusting
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°.
- 2. Weigh or lightly spoon flours into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flours, granulated sugar, and next 4 ingredients (through salt) in a medium bowl; stir with a whisk. Cut in butter with a pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- 3. Combine 1/2 cup buttermilk and egg; stir with a whisk. Add to flour mixture; stir just until moist. Fold in blueberries (do not overmix dough).
- 4. Turn dough out onto a work surface lightly dusted with white rice flour. Pat dough into an 8-inch circle on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper; cut dough into 10 wedges, cutting into but not through dough.
- 5. Bake at 400° for 18 minutes or until edges are golden and center is firm. Remove scones from baking sheet to a wire rack; cool on rack 10 minutes.
- 6. Combine powdered sugar, lemon rind, and 1 tablespoon buttermilk in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk until smooth. Drizzle glaze over scones; let stand 5 minutes. Serve warm.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note