Like another reviewer said it didn't get syrupy. Not much flavor. I've made better carrot recipes from cooking light.
Glazed Baby Carrots
To save time, look for prepeeled real baby carrots in microwavable bags.
More From Cooking Light
Total: 10 Minutes
- Calories: 97
- Fat: 3.1g
- Saturated fat: 1.9g
- Sodium: 161mg
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 1/2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 12 ounces peeled baby carrots
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1. Combine water, vinegar, brown sugar, and carrots in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 6 minutes or until carrots are crisp-tender. Increase heat to medium-high; cook 2 minutes or until liquid is syrupy. Stir in butter, pepper, and salt. Sprinkle with parsley.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note