Glazed Apricot Scones
A sweet glaze and toasted almonds make these tender scones the perfect complement to a hot cup of coffee.
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 203
- Fat: 5.2g
- Saturated fat: 2.3g
- Protein: 4.0g
- Carbohydrate: 35.5g
- Cholesterol: 32mg
- Iron: 1.6mg
- Sodium: 224mg
- Calories from fat: 23%
- Fiber: 1.0g
- Calcium: 96mg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 1/2 tablespoons chilled butter, cut into small pieces
- 1/3 cup dried apricots, minced
- 1/2 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons 1% low-fat milk
- 1 tablespoon sliced almonds, toasted
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour and next 3 ingredients in a large bowl. Cut in butter with a pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse meal. Stir in apricots.
- Combine 1/2 cup milk, egg, and honey in a small bowl. Add to flour mixture, stirring just until moist.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface; knead lightly 4 to 5 times with floured hands. Pat dough into a 7-inch circle on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Cut dough into 10 wedges, cutting into, but not through, dough.
- Bake at 375° for 20 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to a wire rack; cool 10 minutes. Combine powdered sugar and 2 teaspoons milk, stirring until smooth. Drizzle over warm scones and sprinkle with almonds.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note