Photo: Charles Walton; Styling: Cindy Manning Barr
- 4 large Granny Smith or Rome apples
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Whipped cream (optional)
- Core apples, and cut each into 1/2-inch-thick rings.
- Stir together apple juice and next 3 ingredients.
- Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; cook apple rings, in batches, until browned on both sides. Return all apple rings to skillet; drizzle with juice mixture, and sprinkle with sugar.
- Cover and cook over medium heat 5 minutes or until tender and glazed. Serve warm with whipped cream, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This