This recipe was pretty good...I really liked the meatballs, I would give them a 5 star rating by themselves. I couldn't find the wide rice noodles so I used extra wide egg noodles instead, and it came out great. The noodles are a little dry, so I added a stir fry sauce I've used in the past made up of 1/2 cup orange juice, 1/4 cup lite soy sauce, 1 tbsp grated ginger, 2 tbsp honey, 2 tbsp water, 2 tsp cornstarch, 1 tsp sesame oil, and 1 tbsp scallions. My four year old and hubby loved it!
Gingery Pork Meatballs with Noodles
Wide rice noodles are available on the ethnic-foods aisle at most major supermarkets and at Asian grocers. If you can't find them, any rice noodle or even spaghetti will work in this dish. You can also use ground sirloin, if you can't find pork.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 506
- Fat: 15.4g
- Saturated fat: 5.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 6.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 3.3g
- Protein: 30.6g
- Carbohydrate: 58.8g
- Fiber: 3.7g
- Cholesterol: 138mg
- Iron: 3.4mg
- Sodium: 700mg
- Calcium: 81mg
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons lower-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons grated peeled fresh ginger
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound lean ground pork
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 8 ounces uncooked wide rice noodles
- 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil
- 1 cup red bell pepper strips
- 1 cup julienne-cut snow peas
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1. Place a foil-lined jelly-roll pan in oven. Preheat oven to 450°.
- 2. Combine first 8 ingredients in a large bowl; stir gently just until blended. Cover and chill 30 minutes. Divide pork mixture into 20 equal portions; shape each portion into a meatball. Arrange meatballs in a single layer on preheated pan. Bake at 450° for 20 minutes or until done.
- 3. Cook noodles according to package directions; drain. Rinse noodles under cool water; drain. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add bell pepper, peas, salt, and crushed red pepper; cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add noodles; toss. Place 1 3/4 cups noodle mixture on each of 4 plates; top each serving with 5 meatballs. Sprinkle each serving with 2 tablespoons green onions.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes
Food & Wine