Gingery Butternut Squash and Tofu Curry
Prep: 5 minutes; Cook: 22 minutes; Total time: 27 minutes.
Yield: Makes 4 servings (serving size: 1 1/2 cups curry and 1/2 cup rice)
More From Health
Amount per serving
- Calories: 291
- Fat: 8g
- Saturated fat: 2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2g
- Protein: 13g
- Carbohydrate: 44g
- Fiber: 6g
- Cholesterol: 3mg
- Iron: 3mg
- Sodium: 250mg
- Calcium: 377mg
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 (20-ounce) package cubed butternut squash, large pieces cut in half
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 cup curry-style simmer sauce
- 1 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 4 ounces cubed firm tofu, patted dry
- 1/2 pound (about 1 bunch) broccolini, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 cups cooked jasmine rice
- 1. Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat; add squash and onion. Cook until vegetables have softened (about 10 minutes), stirring often.
- 2. Combine simmer sauce, milk, and 1/2 cup water, whisking well. Place tofu in the saucepan; add simmer sauce mixture. Cover pot; simmer until vegetables are tender (about 7 minutes). Remove lid. Add broccolini; simmer until tender (about 5 minutes).
- 3. Place rice in 4 bowls; top with curry and basil.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note