The taste is good but consistency is soupy. I tried it twice just to make sure. I would not make this again without either reducing the amount of milk or increasing the amount of cornstarch.
Gingery Banana Pudding with Bourbon Cream
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 311
- Fat: 10.5g
- Saturated fat: 5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 6.3g
- Carbohydrate: 48.9g
- Fiber: 2g
- Cholesterol: 76mg
- Iron: 1.2mg
- Sodium: 176mg
- Calcium: 177mg
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 5 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups 1% low-fat milk, divided
- 2 large egg yolks
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 ripe bananas, divided
- 12 gingersnaps, crumbled and divided
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon bourbon (optional)
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 2 tablespoons minced crystallized ginger
- 1. Combine first 3 ingredients in a saucepan. Gradually whisk in 3 cups milk. Heat to 180° or until tiny bubbles form around edge (do not boil).
- 2. Combine remaining 1 cup milk and yolks; stir with a whisk. Gradually add 1 cup hot milk mixture to yolk mixture, whisking constantly. Add egg yolk mixture to pan. Bring to a boil; cook 2 minutes or until thick, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla. Place pan in a large ice-filled bowl for 20 minutes or until mixture cools, stirring occasionally. Cover surface of pudding with plastic wrap. Refrigerate 2 hours or until chilled. Mash 2 bananas; cut remaining 2 bananas into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Stir mashed and sliced bananas and half of gingersnaps into pudding; chill 30 minutes.
- 3. Combine cream and 1 teaspoon sugar in a medium bowl. Beat with a mixer at high speed until stiff peaks form; stir in bourbon, if desired.
- 4. Spoon 2/3 cup pudding into each of 8 dessert glasses; divide remaining gingersnaps among servings. Top each serving with 2 tablespoons whipped cream, 1 1/2 teaspoons pecans, and 3/4 teaspoon ginger.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts