Photo: Sang An
More From Real Simple
Amount per serving
- Calories: 430
- Calories from fat: 54%
- Fat: 26g
- Saturated fat: 15g
- Cholesterol: 100mg
- Sodium: 316mg
- Carbohydrate: 45g
- Fiber: 1g
- Sugars: 31g
- Protein: 5g
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups crushed gingersnaps (about 40 cookies)
- 2 small ripe pears (any kind), peeled, cored, and sliced 1/8 inch thick
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 16 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup sour cream, at room temperature
- Heat oven to 350° F.
In a medium bowl, combine the butter and crushed gingersnaps. Press the mixture into a 9-inch springform pan, working the crumbs over the bottom and then up the sides. Bake for 20 minutes.
In a small bowl, toss the pears and ginger. Line the cooled crust with the pears, overlapping the slices slightly.
In a large bowl, with an electric mixer on medium, beat the cream cheese for 2 minutes. Add 1 cup of the sugar and beat for 2 minutes. Add the eggs, 1 at a time, and mix until combined. Stir in 2 teaspoons of the vanilla. Pour the mixture over the pears. Bake until the top is barely set but still slightly wobbly, about 50 minutes. Transfer pan to a wire rack but leave oven on.
In a small bowl, combine the sour cream and the remaining sugar and vanilla. Pour over the cheesecake and bake for 8 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack and cool to room temperature. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving.
In Advance: Make the cheesecake and refrigerate for up to 2 days. Slice it just before serving, running the knife under warm water after each cut.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts