Photo: Sang An
Yield: Makes 8 to 12 servings
More From Real Simple
Amount per serving
- Calories: 430
- Calories from fat: 54%
- Fat: 26g
- Saturated fat: 15g
- Cholesterol: 100mg
- Sodium: 316mg
- Carbohydrate: 45g
- Fiber: 1g
- Sugars: 31g
- Protein: 5g
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups crushed gingersnaps (about 40 cookies)
- 2 small ripe pears (any kind), peeled, cored, and sliced 1/8 inch thick
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 16 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup sour cream, at room temperature
- Heat oven to 350° F.
In a medium bowl, combine the butter and crushed gingersnaps. Press the mixture into a 9-inch springform pan, working the crumbs over the bottom and then up the sides. Bake for 20 minutes.
In a small bowl, toss the pears and ginger. Line the cooled crust with the pears, overlapping the slices slightly.
In a large bowl, with an electric mixer on medium, beat the cream cheese for 2 minutes. Add 1 cup of the sugar and beat for 2 minutes. Add the eggs, 1 at a time, and mix until combined. Stir in 2 teaspoons of the vanilla. Pour the mixture over the pears. Bake until the top is barely set but still slightly wobbly, about 50 minutes. Transfer pan to a wire rack but leave oven on.
In a small bowl, combine the sour cream and the remaining sugar and vanilla. Pour over the cheesecake and bake for 8 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack and cool to room temperature. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving.
In Advance: Make the cheesecake and refrigerate for up to 2 days. Slice it just before serving, running the knife under warm water after each cut.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note