- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons dark molasses
- 1 tablespoon cold strong brewed coffee
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter or stick margarine, softened
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped crystallized ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour, baking soda, and salt in a small bowl; set aside. Combine molasses and coffee in a small bowl; set aside.
- Beat 1/2 cup sugar and butter at medium speed of a mixer until light and fluffy. Add ginger, cinnamon, and cloves; beat well. Add flour mixture and molasses mixture; beat at low speed until well-blended.
- Gently press dough into a ball; wrap in plastic wrap, and freeze 15 minutes. Shape dough into a 7-inch roll; flatten to 1-inch thickness. Wrap in plastic wrap; freeze 8 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Cover 2 baking sheets with parchment paper; secure to baking sheets. Cut dough into 40 (1/8-inch-thick) slices; place 1/2-inch apart on prepared baking sheets. Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons sugar. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes (cookies will be slightly soft in center, but will harden as they cool). Remove from baking sheets; cool completely on wire racks.
- Note: Store the remaining gingersnaps in an airtight container.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts