Gingersnap Baked Apples
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 346
- Calories from fat: 39%
- Protein: 1.3g
- Fat: 15g
- Saturated fat: 7.9g
- Carbohydrate: 55g
- Fiber: 5g
- Sodium: 297mg
- Cholesterol: 32mg
- 3 ounces gingersnap cookies (about a dozen 2-in. cookies), broken into pieces
- 2 tablespoons firmly packed brown sugar
- 4 sweet apples, such as Fuji (about 2 lb. total), rinsed
- 1/4 cup (1/8 lb.) butter
- 1/2 cup whipping cream (optional)
- 1. In a blender or food processor, whirl gingersnaps and brown sugar to fine crumbs.
- 2. With a small, sharp knife, starting from stem ends, cut around cores to about 3/4 of the way through apples; scoop out cores with a spoon, making a 1 1/2-inch-wide cavity and leaving bases intact. Set apples slightly apart in a shallow 2- to 3-quart baking dish.
- 3. Spoon 1 tablespoon gingersnap mixture into each cavity and top with 1/2 tablespoon butter. Sprinkle apples evenly with remaining gingersnap mixture.
- 4. Bake in a 375º regular or convection oven until apples are tender when pierced, about 45 minutes. Transfer to individual bowls and pour 2 tablespoons cream around each if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This