I was dissapointed in this dish. It lacked the flavor I thought it would have. Just plain and nohthing to rave about.
For tender, moist scallops, keep a close eye on their cooking time. Serve with steamed green beans.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: about 5 scallops and 1/2 cup rice)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 326
- Calories from fat: 24%
- Fat: 8.5g
- Saturated fat: 0.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.6g
- Protein: 30.4g
- Carbohydrate: 30.1g
- Fiber: 0.7g
- Cholesterol: 56mg
- Iron: 1.5mg
- Sodium: 510mg
- Calcium: 58mg
- 1 (3 1/2-ounce) bag boil-in-bag long-grain rice
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 1/2 pounds large sea scallops
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon bottled minced ginger
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons low-sodium soy sauce
- Prepare rice according to package microwave directions; set aside.
- While rice cooks, heat oil in a large skillet over high heat. Pat scallops dry with a paper towel; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place scallops in pan; cook 2 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Remove scallops from pan.
- Add onions and remaining ingredients to pan. Add scallops; toss well. Serve with rice.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes