1. In a pan, bring rice, salt and 2 cups water to a boil over high heat. Cover, reduce heat to low and simmer until water has absorbed, 40 to 45 minutes. Fluff and set aside.
2. In a bowl, whisk soy sauce, ginger, maple syrup, vinegar and mirin.
3. When rice has 15 minutes left to cook, heat olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Sauté shallot for 1 minute. Reduce heat to medium. Add bok choy; cook for 2 minutes per side. Transfer bok choy to a plate. Wipe pan clean.
4. In same pan, heat canola oil over medium-high heat. Add salmon and half of soy-ginger mixture. Cook fish for 4 minutes per side. Transfer to plate with bok choy. Warm remaining soy-ginger mixture in pan over medium heat.
5. Divide rice between 2 plates. Top with salmon and bok choy. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and scallions. Drizzle with warmed sauce.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.