- 5 (1-ounce) slices cinnamon-raisin bread, cubed
- 2 1/2 cups sliced peeled firm pear
- 2 cups sliced peeled Jonathan apple
- 1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons minced crystallized ginger
- Cooking spray
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- calories 221
- caloriesfromfat 20 %
- fat 4.9 g
- satfat 0.9 g
- monofat 2 g
- polyfat 1.5 g
- protein 1.9 g
- carbohydrate 44.8 g
- fiber 3.7 g
- cholesterol 1 mg
- iron 1.7 mg
- sodium 138 mg
- calcium 49 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 350°.
Place bread cubes in a food processor; process until finely ground.
Combine 1 cup breadcrumbs, pear, apple, sugar, and ginger in a bowl; stir well. Spoon mixture into an 11 x 7-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Add water and lemon juice.
Combine the remaining breadcrumbs and margarine, and sprinkle over pear mixture. Bake at 350° for 40 minutes or until bubbly.