Serve as is for a light dessert, or omit the gingersnaps and spoon oranges and syrup over pound cake slices.
More From Southern Living
Total: 25 Minutes
- 4 large navel oranges
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 (1/4-inch-thick) fresh ginger slices, peeled
- 1. Peel and section oranges over a bowl, reserving juice; place orange sections on a serving plate.
- 2. Bring sugar, ginger, 3 Tbsp. water, and reserved juice to a boil in a small saucepan over high heat; cook 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; discard ginger.
- 3. Pour syrup over orange sections. Serve with gingersnaps.
- Try This Twist! Gingered Clementines: Substitute 4 to 6 peeled and sliced clementines for oranges. Proceed with recipe as directed, beginning with Step 2 (without reserved juice).
- Note: Clementines will not have juice to add to the syrup, but there will still be enough syrup at the end of Step 2 to coat fruit.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This