- 3 cups water
- 1 extra-large ham-flavor bouillon cube
- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 small sweet onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons peeled and minced fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pecans, toasted
- Garnish: toasted pecan halves
How to Make It
Bring 3 cups water to a boil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Stir in bouillon cube until dissolved. Add green beans, and cook 4 to 6 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain.
Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion, garlic, and ginger; sauté 2 minutes. Add beans, salt, and pepper; sauté 1 minute or until thoroughly heated. Transfer to a serving dish, and sprinkle with pecans. Garnish, if desired.
NOTE: For testing purposes only, we used Knorr bouillon cubes.