Gingered Flank Steak
Prep: 5 minutes; Cook: 17 minutes.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 3 ounces steak and 1 tablespoon sauce)
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 210
- Calories from fat: 36%
- Fat: 8.4g
- Saturated fat: 3.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.3g
- Protein: 25.6g
- Carbohydrate: 6.7g
- Fiber: 0.2g
- Cholesterol: 46mg
- Iron: 3mg
- Sodium: 599mg
- Calcium: 26mg
- 1/4 cup dry red wine
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated peeled fresh ginger or bottled minced ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, minced or 2 teaspoons bottled minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 (1-pound) flank steak, trimmed (about 1/2 inch thick)
- Cooking spray
- Preheat broiler.
- Combine first 7 ingredients in a small saucepan; stir well.
- Place steak on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray. Brush steak with 1 tablespoon wine mixture, and broil 6 minutes. Turn steak; brush with 1 tablespoon wine mixture. Broil 6 minutes or until desired degree of doneness. Let stand 5 minutes before slicing.
- Bring remaining wine mixture to a boil; cook 5 minutes or until reduced to 1/4 cup.
- Cut steak diagonally across grain into thin slices. Serve steak with wine sauce.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes