- 1/4 cup dry red wine
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated peeled fresh ginger or bottled minced ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, minced or 2 teaspoons bottled minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 (1-pound) flank steak, trimmed (about 1/2 inch thick)
- Cooking spray
- calories 210
- caloriesfromfat 36 %
- fat 8.4 g
- satfat 3.6 g
- monofat 3.4 g
- polyfat 0.3 g
- protein 25.6 g
- carbohydrate 6.7 g
- fiber 0.2 g
- cholesterol 46 mg
- iron 3 mg
- sodium 599 mg
- calcium 26 mg
How to Make It
Combine first 7 ingredients in a small saucepan; stir well.
Place steak on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray. Brush steak with 1 tablespoon wine mixture, and broil 6 minutes. Turn steak; brush with 1 tablespoon wine mixture. Broil 6 minutes or until desired degree of doneness. Let stand 5 minutes before slicing.
Bring remaining wine mixture to a boil; cook 5 minutes or until reduced to 1/4 cup.
Cut steak diagonally across grain into thin slices. Serve steak with wine sauce.