Gingered Chicken and Rice Soup
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 6- to 8- ounce(s) boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 cup(s) chopped carrots
- 1 cup(s) chopped onions
- 6 cup(s) water
- 1/2 cup(s) long-grain rice
- 3/4 teaspoon(s) ground ginger
- 3/4 teaspoon(s) garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) ground black pepper
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoon(s) 1 percent milk
- 1. Place the chicken breast, carrots, onions and water in a 4 1/2-quart or larger soup pot. Cover and heat to a boil over high heat, and cook for 5 minutes or until the chicken is mostly cooked through. 2. Reduce heat to medium, remove the chicken breast to a a plate, and then add the rice, ginger, garlic powder, salt and pepper. 3. Dice the chicken, and return to the pot. Bring to a boil again, then reduce heat to medium-low, cover the pot, and cook for 15 more minutes, or until the rice is tender. 4. Meanwhile, stir together the egg and milk until well blended. 5. Uncover the soup, and drizzle the egg mixture even;y over soup. Stir well to blend and thicken soup and then serve.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note