The stir-fry was easy to prepare and my family gobbled up every bit. I used sirloin instead of flank steak since that is what I had in the fridge.
Gingered Beef Stir-Fry
Photo: Oxmoor House
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 431
- Fat: 13.2g
- Saturated fat: 5.0g
- Protein: 29.2g
- Carbohydrate: 47.4g
- Fiber: 2.8g
- Cholesterol: 57mg
- Iron: 6.1mg
- Sodium: 582mg
- Calcium: 65mg
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 pound flank steak
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon peeled, grated fresh ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2/3 cup coarsely chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 (8-ounce package) fresh whole mushrooms, quartered
- 2 cups fresh or frozen Sugar Snap peas
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame seeds
- 3 cups hot cooked Jasmati rice
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a small bowl, stirring well. Set aside.
- Cut steak diagonally across grain into thin slices (about 1/8 inch thick).
- Add oil to preheated wok. Add steak, and stir-fry 6 minutes. Add ginger and garlic, and stir-fry 1 minute. Push steak to one side of wok. Add pepper and mushrooms; stir-fry 2 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add Sugar Snap peas and sesame seeds, and stir-fry 1 minute.
- Stir soy sauce mixture, and add to wok, stirring constantly, until sauce is thickened and bubbly. Serve over rice.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes