- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 pound flank steak
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon peeled, grated fresh ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2/3 cup coarsely chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 (8-ounce package) fresh whole mushrooms, quartered
- 2 cups fresh or frozen Sugar Snap peas
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame seeds
- 3 cups hot cooked Jasmati rice
- calories 431
- fat 13.2 g
- satfat 5.0 g
- protein 29.2 g
- carbohydrate 47.4 g
- fiber 2.8 g
- cholesterol 57 mg
- iron 6.1 mg
- sodium 582 mg
- calcium 65 mg
How to Make It
Combine first 4 ingredients in a small bowl, stirring well. Set aside.
Cut steak diagonally across grain into thin slices (about 1/8 inch thick).
Add oil to preheated wok. Add steak, and stir-fry 6 minutes. Add ginger and garlic, and stir-fry 1 minute. Push steak to one side of wok. Add pepper and mushrooms; stir-fry 2 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add Sugar Snap peas and sesame seeds, and stir-fry 1 minute.
Stir soy sauce mixture, and add to wok, stirring constantly, until sauce is thickened and bubbly. Serve over rice.