Gingered Acorn Squash with Spiced Cranberry Sauce
Yield: 6 servings
- 6 small acorn squash
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
- Spiced Cranberry Sauce
- Cut squash in half crosswise; remove and discard seeds. Place, cut side down, in a 15- x 10-inch jellyroll pan, and add 1 cup water.
- Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until tender; drain. Scoop pulp from bottom halves, leaving 1/2-inch shells; set shells aside. Scoop all pulp from remaining squash halves; mash all pulp.
- Melt butter in a large skillet; add garlic, and sauté until tender. Stir in squash pulp, whipping cream, and next 3 ingredients; cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until thoroughly heated. Spoon into squash shells; top and serve with Spiced Cranberry Sauce.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Gingered Acorn Squash with Spiced Cranberry Sauce Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables