I really, really wanted to like this and rate it higher because the idea is fantastic, but I do not know where I went wrong. I have made many a granola in the past, but this one burnt. I even had to take it out of the oven a few minutes early. Gingerbread granola just sounded so tasty, but now it looks like I have to go to Plan B for our Christmas morning breakfast. Any suggestions or ideas on how to make it better or if anybody else's turned out, please post...
Gingerbread Granola-Yogurt Parfaits
Yield: Serves 8
Cost per Serving: $1.56
More From Allyou
Bake: 1 Hour
Amount per serving
- Calories: 511
- Fat: 25g
- Saturated fat: 4g
- Protein: 15g
- Carbohydrate: 65g
- Fiber: 8g
- Cholesterol: 8mg
- Sodium: 212mg
- 3 cups old-fashioned oats (not instant)
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup wheat germ
- 1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/3 cup molasses
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 3/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup golden raisins, optional
- 2 cups plain or vanilla yogurt
- 1. Preheat oven to 300ºF. Line 2 large baking sheets with foil.
- 2. In a large bowl, mix oats, nuts and wheat germ. In another bowl, whisk brown sugar, molasses, oil, vanilla, salt and spices. Stir molasses mixture into oat mixture. Divide between 2 baking sheets, spreading evenly.
- 3. Bake granola until browned, 50 to 60 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes. Halfway through baking time, switch baking sheets from top to bottom and front to back. (Granola will turn very dark brown from the molasses.) Remove baking sheets and transfer granola to a large bowl; let cool, stirring occasionally. Toss in raisins, if desired.
- 4. Just before serving, assemble parfaits: Spoon about 3 Tbsp. granola into each of 8 small bowls or parfait glasses. Top each with 2 to 3 Tbsp. yogurt. Repeat layers once. Serve immediately. Store extra granola in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breakfast/Brunch