Notes: You can make the gingerbread up to 1 day ahead; store rounds airtight at room temperature. Freeze if storing longer. Prep and Cook Time: about 40 minutes.
This recipe goes with Roast Pork with Gingerbread Sauce and Celery Root with Bacon, Gingerbread Sauce
More From Sunset
- Calories: 183
- Calories from fat: 17%
- Protein: 2.9g
- Fat: 3.4g
- Saturated fat: 1.8g
- Carbohydrate: 35g
- Fiber: 0.7g
- Sodium: 159mg
- Cholesterol: 7.8mg
- 1/2 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (1/8 lb.) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup light molasses
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/3 cup water
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, with an electric mixer on medium speed, beat sugar and butter until well blended and creamy. Add molasses; beat until blended.
- 2. In another bowl, mix flour, ginger, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, and cloves.
- 3. Add about a third of the flour mixture to the butter mixture; beat on low speed until blended. Add about a third of the water; beat until incorporated. Repeat to add all of the flour mixture and water, beating just until incorporated. Gather mixture with floured hands and form into a soft ball.
- 4. Spray bottoms of two 8- or 9-inch pie pans with cooking oil spray. Divide dough in half and press a portion level in each pan. With a floured knife, cut each round into eight wedges.
- 5. Bake until top springs back when lightly touched, 18 to 20 minutes. Let cool about 5 minutes in pan, then invert onto a rack to cool completely.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per piece.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note