Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 4 cup(s) whole milk
- 2/3 cup(s) sugar
- 4 tablespoon(s) cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 4 egg yolks, plus 1 whole egg
- 2 teaspoon(s) vanilla flavoring
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) ground cardamom (optional)
- 1 box(es) 14.5 gingerbread cake mix
- 1 pint(s) heavy cream cold
- 1 orange juiced & zested
- 2 tablespoon(s) confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 of a 13 oz box of gingersnaps crushed
- Mix milk, sugar, cornstarch and salt in medium pot, cook over med-hi heat until mixture comes to a low boil, simmer until it thickens, 2-3 min. Remove from heat. In a large bowl, beat the 4 egg yolks, slowly whisk hot milk into yolks. Pour mixture back into pot. Whisk over med heat for 1 min., remove from heat, and stir in 1 1/2 tsp vanilla and cardamom. Pour into seperate bowl, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, prepare and bake gingerbread cake mix as per package directions for an 8x8 cake, adding remaining whole egg and 1 1/4 cips lukewarm water. Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- In the bowl of electric mixer fitted with whisk attachment, add cream, remainining 1/2 tsp vanilla, 2 tbs orange juice and 1 tbs orange zest. Mix on med heat until soft peaks form. Add confectioners sugar and mix on high untll stiff peaks form, make sure not to overmix. Store in fridge until assembly.
- To assemble: Cut cake into 1 in cubes. Place 1/3 of the cake cubes in triffle dish, then layer 1/3 of the pudding mixture, then gingersnaps and whipped cream. Repeat layering 2 more times. Garnish with gingersnaps. Refrigerate for about an hour before serving.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Toniahooper and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Gingerbread Trifle Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Desserts