Gingerbread Skillet Cake with Pears
- 4 large Bosc pears, cored and sliced 1/4
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup molasses
- Toss together pears and 2 tablespoons flour. Set aside.
- Melt 3 tablespoons butter in a 9" cast-iron skillet over medium heat. Sprinkle brown sugar evenly in skillet. Fan pear slices in skillet over brown sugar.
- Combine 1 cup flour and next 6 ingredients in a large bowl. Cut 5 tablespoons butter into flour mixture with a pastry blender until crumbly. Add buttermilk and molasses, stirring just until moistened. Spread batter evenly over pears, leaving a 1" edge.
- Bake at 350° for 45 minutes or until bubbly and browned. Cool in pan on a wire rack 30 minutes before serving. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts