Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 cup(s) flour
- .5 cup(s) brown sugar
- 2 tablespoon(s) baking powder
- .5 teaspoon(s) baking soda
- .5 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 teaspoon(s) ground ginger
- .5 teaspoon(s) ground cinnamon
- .25 cup(s) butter, cold
- 1/3 cup(s) molasses
- .5 cup(s) milk
- 1 egg, separated
- 2 tablespoon(s) turbinado sugar, for sprinkling
- In a large bowl, combine dry ingredients. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- In a small bowl, combine molasses, milk and the egg yoik. Stir into flour mixture until smooth. Knead several times in bowl. Turn dough out onto a parchment lined baking sheet and pat into an 8-10 inch circle,
- Beat egg white until frothy and brush over scones. Sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake at 400 F. for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Cut into wedges and enjoy!!!
This recipe is a personal recipe added by asuwife and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note