Community Recipe from
- 2 cup(s) flour
- .5 cup(s) brown sugar
- 2 tablespoon(s) baking powder
- .5 teaspoon(s) baking soda
- .5 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 teaspoon(s) ground ginger
- .5 teaspoon(s) ground cinnamon
- .25 cup(s) butter, cold
- 1/3 cup(s) molasses
- .5 cup(s) milk
- 1 egg, separated
- 2 tablespoon(s) turbinado sugar, for sprinkling
- In a large bowl, combine dry ingredients. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- In a small bowl, combine molasses, milk and the egg yoik. Stir into flour mixture until smooth. Knead several times in bowl. Turn dough out onto a parchment lined baking sheet and pat into an 8-10 inch circle,
- Beat egg white until frothy and brush over scones. Sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake at 400 F. for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Cut into wedges and enjoy!!!
This recipe is a personal recipe added by asuwife and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes