Gingerbread Pancakes (From the Magnolia Cafe, Austin)
This gingerbread pancakes recipe comes from Austin's Magnolia Cafe, a popular hang-out for Texas Cooking employees anytime day or night. Open 24 hours a day, you are likely to find a hungry crowd at Magnolia, which keeps a neon sign in the window that says "Sorry, we're open".
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup(s) brown sugar
- 1/2 cup(s) buttermilk
- 1/2 cup(s) water
- 1/4 cup(s) coffee brewed
- 2 1/2 cup(s) flour
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- 1 teaspoon(s) baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) ground cloves
- 1 tablespoon(s) cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon(s) ginger
- 1 tablespoon(s) nutmeg
- 4 tablespoon(s) (1/2 stick) unsalted butter melted
- Cream eggs and sugar together. Stir in buttermilk, water, and coffee and set aside. In a separate bowl sift together remaining dry ingredients.
- Stir egg mixture into dry ingredients, then mix in melted butter.
- Add more water or buttermilk if necessary, but batter should be thick.
- Cook until done on a lightly greased hot griddle or in a heavy skillet (turn once when bubbles appear on upper side and start to break).
- Pancakes will be thick and cake-like in texture.
- Makes 8 to 10 five-inch pancakes.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Sher777 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Gingerbread Pancakes (From the Magnolia Cafe, Austin) Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Breakfast/Brunch