Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1 cup(s) white whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup(s) ground flaxseed (Optional)
- 2 tablespoon(s) brown sugar , packed
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) baking powder *
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) baking soda *
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 teaspoon(s) ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) ground nutmeg
- 1 1/2 cup(s) buttermilk
- 2 whole(s) large eggs
- 2 tablespoon(s) molasses
- 2 tablespoon(s) canola oil , divided
- Heat a large griddle or skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Lightly spoon flours into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flours and next 10 ingredients (ground flaxseed through ground nutmeg) in a large bowl, and make a well in the center of the mixture. Combine buttermilk, eggs, molasses, and 1 tablespoon canola oil in another bowl; add to flour mixture, stirring until smooth. Spoon about 1/4 cup batter onto hot griddle (or skillet) lightly coated with some of the remaining oil. Turn pancakes when tops are covered with bubbles and edges appear cooked. Cook another 2 to 3 minutes or until done. Continue with remaining batter and oil.
- *Note: adjusted for altitudes above 6000 ft. May need to increase the baking powder and baking soda each by 1/2 teaspoon for lower altitudes.
- Pumpkin Pie Variation: use 1/4 cup brown sugar instead of brown sugar and molasses. Omit allspice and nutmeg. To liquid ingredients, add 1 cup pumpkin (or sweet potato) purée and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract. Continue with recipe as directed.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by mlb626 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Gingerbread Pancakes Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Breakfast/Brunch