Gingerbread Muffins with Spiced Streusel and Spiced Hard Sauce
Photo: Iain Bagwell; Styling: Mary Clayton Carl
More From Southern Living
Total: 1 Hour, 45 Minutes
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup chopped crystallized ginger
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon table salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup hot brewed coffee
- 2/3 cup molasses
- 18 paper baking cups
- Spiced Streusel
- Spiced Hard Sauce
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Process first 6 ingredients in a food processor 1 minute or until ginger is finely chopped.
- 2. Beat butter at medium speed with a heavy-duty electric stand mixer until creamy. Gradually add both sugars, beating until light and fluffy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating just until blended after each addition.
- 3. Stir together hot coffee and molasses in a small bowl. Add flour mixture to butter mixture alternately with coffee mixture, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Beat at low speed just until blended after each addition.
- 4. Place baking cups in 2 (12-cup) muffin pans, and lightly grease; spoon batter into cups, filling two-thirds full. Sprinkle with Spiced Streusel.
- 5. Bake at 350° for 18 to 20 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire racks 5 minutes. Remove from pans to wire racks, and cool completely (about 30 minutes). Top with Spiced Hard Sauce.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breads