Gingerbread Muffins with Spiced Streusel and Spiced Hard Sauce
We know, serving streusel-topped muffins with hard sauce is gilding the lily, but hey, it's Christmas morning after all.
More From Southern Living
Total: 1 Hour, 45 Minutes
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup chopped crystallized ginger
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon table salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup hot brewed coffee
- 2/3 cup molasses
- 18 paper baking cups
- Spiced Streusel
- Spiced Hard Sauce
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Process first 6 ingredients in a food processor 1 minute or until ginger is finely chopped.
- 2. Beat butter at medium speed with a heavy-duty electric stand mixer until creamy. Gradually add both sugars, beating until light and fluffy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating just until blended after each addition.
- 3. Stir together hot coffee and molasses in a small bowl. Add flour mixture to butter mixture alternately with coffee mixture, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Beat at low speed just until blended after each addition.
- 4. Place baking cups in 2 (12-cup) muffin pans, and lightly grease; spoon batter into cups, filling two-thirds full. Sprinkle with Spiced Streusel.
- 5. Bake at 350° for 18 to 20 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire racks 5 minutes. Remove from pans to wire racks, and cool completely (about 30 minutes). Top with Spiced Hard Sauce.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note