- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 3/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- Red cinnamon candies, cut in half
- Candy-coated chewy fruit-flavored pieces
- Beat butter at medium speed of an electric mixer until creamy; gradually add sugar, beating until blended. Add egg, beating until blended. Add molasses, beating well. Combine flour and next 5 ingredients; gradually add to molasses mixture, beating until blended. Cover and chill dough 2 hours.
- Roll half of dough to 1/4" thickness on a floured surface. Cut Gingerbread Men with a 3" cookie cutter. Place on greased cookie sheets. Add excess dough to remaining half of dough; wrap in wax paper, and chill. Press currants, cinnamon candy halves, and fruit-flavored candy pieces into cookies for eyes, mouth, and buttons. Bake at 350° for 8 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove cookies to wire racks; let cool completely. Repeat procedure with remaining dough.
- Note: For chewy fruit-flavored pieces, we used Skittles.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Cookies