- 2 1/4 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup dark corn syrup
- 1 1/2 tablespoons ground ginger
- 1 1/4 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground cloves
- 1 1/4 cups butter or margarine
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon water
- 6 cups all-purpose flour
- Decorations: sugar crystals, red cinnamon candies, assorted decorator frosting
- Cook sugar, 3/4 cup water, syrup, and spices in a medium saucepan over medium heat, stirring until sugar dissolves. Add butter, stirring until melted.
- Combine baking soda and 1 tablespoon water; stir into sugar mixture. Pour sugar mixture into a bowl; gradually add flour, beating at medium speed with a heavy-duty electric mixer until blended. (Dough will be stiff.)
- Divide dough into thirds. Roll one-third of dough to 1/8-inch thickness on a lightly floured surface. Cut with a 5 1/2-inch gingerbread man cutter, and place on lightly greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 10 to 12 minutes. Cool 1 minute on pan; remove cookies to wire racks, and cool completely. Repeat procedure with remaining dough. Decorate as desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts