Gingerbread Hot Chocolate
Photo: Jim Franco; Styling: Rebecca Donnelly
More From Coastal Living
Steep: 30 Minutes
- 1 (1-inch) piece fresh ginger, peeled and sliced
- 10 whole cloves
- 2 (3-inch) cinnamon sticks
- 4 cups whole milk
- 1/3 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Garnish: mini marshmallows
- 1. Combine first 3 ingredients in an 8- x 10-inch piece of cheesecloth; pull edges together, and tie to secure.
- 2. Heat milk and spice bundle in a 3-quart heavy saucepan over medium-low heat. Bring just to a simmer. Remove from heat, cover, and steep 30 minutes.
- 3. Remove spice bundle from milk. Heat milk mixture over medium-low heat until hot. Add brown sugar; cook, stirring constantly, until sugar melts. Add chocolate, stirring until chocolate melts. Stir in vanilla. Serve warm; garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Beverages