Gingerbread Fruitcake Cookies
- 1 (14-ounce) package gingerbread mix
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1 (4-ounce) container candied orange peel
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 1/2 cups sifted powdered sugar
- 2 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice or orange juice
- Combine first 3 ingredients, stirring until smooth. Fold in candied orange peel, raisins, and pecans.
- Drop dough by rounded teaspoonfuls onto lightly greased cookie sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 10 minutes. Let cool slightly on cookie sheets. Remove to wire racks, and let cool completely.
- Combine powdered sugar and lemon juice, stirring until smooth. Drizzle over cooled cookies.
- Note: For gingerbread mix, we used Dromedary.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts