- 1 (14-ounce) package gingerbread mix
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1 (4-ounce) container candied orange peel
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 1/2 cups sifted powdered sugar
- 2 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice or orange juice
How to Make It
Combine first 3 ingredients, stirring until smooth. Fold in candied orange peel, raisins, and pecans.
Drop dough by rounded teaspoonfuls onto lightly greased cookie sheets.
Bake at 350° for 10 minutes. Let cool slightly on cookie sheets. Remove to wire racks, and let cool completely.
Combine powdered sugar and lemon juice, stirring until smooth. Drizzle over cooled cookies.
Note: For gingerbread mix, we used Dromedary.