More From Oxmoor House
Other: 40 Minutes
- 1 (7-ounce) package dried fruit bits (we tested with SunMaid)
- 3/4 cup sweetened dried cranberries
- 6 tablespoons apricot brandy, divided
- 1 (14.5-ounce) package gingerbread cake and cookie mix (we tested with Betty Crocker)
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- Combine dried fruit bits, cranberries, and 1/4 cup brandy in a medium bowl. Let stand 30 minutes.
- Place cake mix in a large bowl; make a well in center. Add water and egg, stirring just until blended. Stir in soaked dried fruit and chopped pecans. (Batter is not as thick as typical fruitcake batter.) Pour batter into a greased 9" x 5" loafpan.
- Bake at 350° for 55 to 60 minutes or until a long wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack 10 minutes; remove from pan. Poke holes in loaf at 1" intervals, using a long wooden pick. Brush remaining 2 tablespoons brandy over loaf. Cool completely on a wire rack. For best results, store in an airtight container 2 to 3 days before serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts