Add ginger cream cheese frosting (http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/cream-cheese-frosting-205857/) and gingersnaps (crushed and whole).
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1/4 pound(s) unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1/4 cup(s) dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup(s) granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2/3 cup(s) ligh molases
- 2 teaspoon(s) lemon zest
- 2 1/2 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) baking soda
- 1 teaspoon(s) ground cinnamon
- 1 1/4 teaspoon(s) ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) ground cloves
- 1 cup(s) sour cream
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Insert liners into a medium cupckae pan. In a large bowl cream the butter and sugars together with an electric mixer on medium speed until fluffy, 3-5 minutes. Add the egg, molasses, and lemon zest to creamed mixture. Beat well.
- In aseparate bowl combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, and cloves.
- Add portions of the dry ingredients to the creamed mixture alternating with portions of the sour cream, until they are completely integrated, about 30 seconds.
- Fill the cupcake liners 1/2 to 3/4 full. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of cupcakes comes out clean. Cool cupcakes in the pan.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by humboldt29 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Gingerbread Cupcakes Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Cupcakes