I made this tonight and it was so delicious!! I absolutely love hot chocolate, so I'm always looking for different recipes to try. I've made so many different kinds, and this is definitely one of my favorites. The spices give it a really nice and unique flavor that really resembled gingerbread. My family and I sipped it while watching The Grinch Stole Christmas, and it put us in the best mood(: Will definitely make again. Would be great in coffee too!
Apple pie spice and ground ginger liven up the flavor in Gingerbread Cocoa.
More From Southern Living
Total: 25 Minutes
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 2 teaspoons apple pie spice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 gal. milk
- Garnish: miniature marshmallows
- 1. Whisk together first 4 ingredients in a 6-qt. Dutch oven until blended; gradually whisk in milk.
- 2. Cook mixture over medium heat, stirring constantly, 20 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Transfer to a 6-qt. slow cooker, and keep warm on LOW. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note