Gingerbread Cakes With Citrus Glaze
Total: 2 Hours, 25 Minutes
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup DOMINO Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 cup firmly packed DOMINO Light Brown Sugar
- 1 cup molasses
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup chopped crystallized ginger
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Citrus Glaze
- Garnishes: fresh lemon and orange slices
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Grease and flour 2 (8 1/2 - x 4 1/2 -inch) loaf pans.
- 2. Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy; gradually add sugars, beating until fluffy. Add molasses; beat until blended. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating until blended after each addition. Beat in buttermilk until blended.
- 3. Combine flour and next 5 ingredients in a large bowl. Gradually add to butter mixture, beating until blended. Pour batter into prepared pans.
- 4. Bake at 350° for 50 to 53 minutes or until a long wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire racks 10 minutes; remove from pans to wire racks, and cool completely (about 1 hour). Drizzle with Citrus Glaze. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts