Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1/4 cup(s) molasses
- 1/2 cup(s) boiling water
- 3/4 teaspoon(s) baking soda
- 1 1/2 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- 1 teaspoon(s) ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon(s) cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 6 tablespoon(s) (3/4 stick) unsalted butter softened
- 2/3 cup(s) sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cup(s) confectioner's sugar (ICING)
- 1. Heat oven to 350 degrees. Coat indents of a cakelet pan or a jumbo muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- 2. Cake. Blend molasses, water and baking soda in small bowl; this will bubble. Mix flour, baking powder, ginger, cinnamon, cloves and salt in another bowl.
- 3. Beat butter and sugar in large bowl, 2 minutes. Beat in eggs. Stir in flour mixture and molasses mixture, beginning and ending with flour. Pour into prepared pan.
- 4. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes. Cool in pan on wire rack for 10 minutes. invert cakes from pan to rack.
- 5. Trim cakes level. Make Icing. Blend confectioner's sugar and 3 tablespoons of water. Pipe outlines of bows; fill in with icing.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by JenGor and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Gingerbread Cakes Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Desserts