- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable oil
- 4 large eggs
- 2 large carrots, finely grated (about 1 cup)
- 1 cup minced fresh ginger (about 1/2 pound)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans, toasted
- Orange-Cream Cheese Frosting
- Garnishes: small pecan halves, crystallized ginger, orange rind strips
How to Make It
Beat sugar and vegetable oil at medium speed with an electric mixer 3 minutes or until smooth. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in grated carrots and fresh ginger.
Combine all-purpose flour and next 6 ingredients; gradually add to egg mixture, beating at low speed until moistened. Stir in 1 1/2 cups chopped toasted pecans.
Pour batter into lightly greased miniature muffin tins, filling two-thirds full.
Bake at 350° for 12 to 15 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack 5 minutes. Remove from pan, and cool completely on wire racks. Spread tops evenly with Orange-Cream Cheese Frosting. Garnish, if desired.