Smells great, of course, but there must be an error with the ingredients. The 2 rolls flattened out in the oven into (1) 12 x 16" rectangle.
More From Oxmoor House
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- Beat butter and sugars in a large bowl at medium speed with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add eggs, beating well; beat in molasses.
- Combine flour and next 7 ingredients; add to butter mixture, beating at low speed until blended. Stir in almonds.
- Divide dough in half; using floured hands, shape each portion into a 9" x 2" log on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 350° for 28 minutes or until firm. Cool on baking sheet 5 minutes. Remove to a wire rack to cool 10 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 300°.
- Cut each log diagonally into 3/4"-thick slices with a serrated knife, using a gentle sawing motion. Place slices on ungreased baking sheets. Bake 8 to 10 minutes; turn cookies over, and bake 8 to 10 more minutes. Cool completely on wire racks.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note