this is outstanding! i am not really a huge cheesecake or gingersnap fan, but the combination is delicious, especially warm from the oven!! i messed it up last year and it did not come out "streusally", more of a glaze that hardened and became crispy....so good!
Ginger Streusel-Topped Cheesecake
More From Oxmoor House
- 1 cup coarsely crushed gingersnaps (we tested with Nabisco)
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped crystallized ginger
- 1 (30-ounce) frozen New York style cheesecake (we tested with Sara Lee)
- Combine first 5 ingredients, mixing well with a spoon. Sprinkle streusel over top of frozen cheesecake. Bake at 425° for 16 to 19 minutes or until streusel is browned. Scoop warm cheesecake into serving bowls.
- Ginger Streusel-Topped Pumpkin Pie: Prepare topping as directed for cheesecake. Sprinkle topping over a small deli-baked pumpkin pie. Bake again at 425° for 18 to 20 minutes to brown the streusel. Let stand 15 minutes. Slice to serve. Yield: 8 servings.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts