Delicious and super easy! I would cut the oil just a bit to avoid splatters (I used a nonstick pan.). Served with Brown rice and green beans sautéed with fresh ginger, garlic and a dash of soy sauce. Easy weeknight meal!
Ginger-Soy Chicken Thighs with Scallion Rice
If you can't find ginger preserves, you can substitute 1/2 cup apricot preserves plus 2 teaspoons grated peeled fresh ginger.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 2 thighs, about 1/2 cup rice, and about 1 1/2 tablespoons sauce)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 355
- Fat: 7.8g
- Saturated fat: 1.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.5g
- Protein: 24.5g
- Carbohydrate: 47.3g
- Fiber: 0.2g
- Cholesterol: 94mg
- Iron: 2.2mg
- Sodium: 366mg
- Calcium: 18mg
- 1 (3 1/2-ounce) bag boil-in-bag long-grain rice
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onions
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 (2-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- 1/2 cup ginger preserves
- 2 tablespoons lower-sodium soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1. Prepare rice according to package directions. Drain; fluff rice with a fork. Gently stir in green onions.
- 2. While rice cooks, heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add chicken; cook 5 minutes on each side or until done. Remove from pan; keep warm. Add preserves, soy sauce, and garlic to pan; bring to a boil. Cook sauce 2 minutes or until reduced to 1/3 cup, stirring occasionally. Return chicken to pan; turn to coat with sauce.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes